The 2015 Colorado Brazil Fest is coming August 6-9th! Ginga co-founded this annual celebration of Brazilian music, dance, and culture along with the Boulder Samba School, and will be featured at this year’s festival. Here’s a rundown:
Thursday, August 6th, CU’s Grusin Auditorium
Vocalist Paula Santoro accompanied by members of Ginga
Friday, August 7th, Shine
Choro and Forró dance music performance with Ginga, Ronaldo Andrade, and Dexter Payne
Saturday, August 8th Boulder Theater
Featuring one of our favorite bands from Rio: Casuarina! Backed by musicians from Ginga.
And a special performance by Bateria Alegria, Samba Colorado Dance Company, Ronaldo Andrade, Paola Santoro, guest dancer Marta Santos, and more.
Sunday, August 9th Boulder Beer
Outdoor BBQ with live samba music with Ronaldo Andrade and Ginga.
Bateria Alegria also performs Friday, Aug. 8 on the Pearl St. Mall with special dance performances.
Check here for the full workshop schedule, including dance and music classes.
Colorado Brazil Fest is in the final days of fundraising for the 2015 festival. The festival depends on contributions and advance ticket sales. There are just 3 days left in the Kickstarter campaign to fund this year’s festival. Here’s a message from the CBF team:
Colorado Brazil Fest is organized and operated 100% by volunteers, and is an outreach project of the non-profit organization Boulder Samba School. Your support is more important this year than ever before, not only because we are hosting more guest performers from Brazil such as the samba group Casuarina, but also because our facility costs have increased. Pledges of support to CBF2015 make this community event possible, and allow our supporters to receive festival rewards such as show tickets, workshop passes, and t-shirts. How your pledge will be used:
- Rental fees for the historic Boulder Theater, CU’s Grusin Music Hall, and workshop venues
- Travel expenses for guest artists coming from Brazil and other regions in the U.S.
- Marketing campaign to reach a much wider audience than previous years
- Fair pay for performing artists and instructors
- Hiring photographers and videographers to document the festivalThere are still some SUPER DEALS left: “Evening Show” pass (all 3 shows!) for $59 and “Full-Festival” pass (Casuarina show, Paula Santoro show, Forró/Choro night, BBQ and Samba jam, full workshop access) for $99!Fo schedule and class descriptions see: coloradobrazilfest.org/workshopsThank you so much for your support for Colorado Brazil Fest!Muito Obrigado!Sincerely,The Colorado Brazil Fest Team